Monday, April 11, 2011

HOT!

Here I am after my first run in truly hot and sunny weather -- 78 degrees at 10:30 a.m.:


Is this a shameless plea for some pro bono facial resurfacing work?  No.  My cavernous pores disappear into a flawless porcelain complexion when I'm not running.  Really. 

Another photo to illustrate how sweaty I am, lovely I know:


It was hot outside today -- H-O-T.  I didn't run earlier this morning because I woke up late enough for it to be Yellow Shuttle of Death Hour.  Those school bus drivers may wave, but they do it as they're about to mow Alice and I down.  Running any time between 7-8 a.m. is perilous.

I brought along a water bottle (for Alice, so she doesn't trip on her tongue on runs) and headed up Brown Avenue like usual.  My knees are moving into the crunchy/scabby stage of healing alternated with ooey gooey draining so bending them feels less than comfy.  It did get me out of weeding this weekend though so...score! 

Time to shower and hook up my hydration drip.

No comments:

Post a Comment