Monday, December 13, 2010

Running ninja

Today was cold in B'ton.  Really cold.  Not cold in a Southern-oh-it's-dropped-below-70 sense.  It was 24 degrees out and with the windchill it was 12 degrees.  I waited until after lunch today and the temp finally got above freezing (but was still 22 with windchill).  Having misplaced my cozy fleece whimple I fashioned my own neck/ face mask with my Buff scarf.  Meet Sister Mary Katherine Ninja Bank Robber:



I've run in 22-degree temps before without this fancy and menacing get up but today there were 20 mph winds.  It was brutal.  When I got to the end of my route and went to turn around I half expected to see Tibetan prayer flags and lots of people in North Face gear talking about "respecting the mountain but, you know, dude, conquering it at the same time."  I thought I trudged past some folks from the Donner party but then again I'm in B'ton and pretty much everyone looks like that.  But I did my 3 miles (4 miles is going to wait till next time when I don't feel like I am going to get frostbite on my eyeballs), woohoo!  Can't wait to see the crop of festering pimples I am going to wake up to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment